Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 225
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MDCPA34197 Good Not Great
I booked a reservation at this hotel at the recommendation of a colleague and after looking at the hotel's website. The first thing that jumped out at me was that the hotel did not really resemble what was posted on the hotel's website. With that said, I would say that the stay was okay, but not great. There was construction going on right outside of the hotel, which started shortly before 5:30 AM each day. The front desk staff was friendly. The bartender was not personable in the least. In fact, the only time he showed any personality whatsoever was when he overheard me and one of my co-workers mention the word "shot." Also, the complimentary wifi was very spotty.
May 18, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by IAmNeverHome Decent hotel, rough stay during neighboring construction.
I stayed in a King suite at the Hotel Indigo Scottsdale from May 3-8, 2015. Stayed in room 327
- Funky, modern decorated good sized room
- Large walk-in shower with rain head. Would be good for multi-person showers ;) (alas, i was alone)
- Two separate sink areas and closed toilet room would make getting ready in this room for two people to be very convenient. (again...alone)
- Secured hotel area, requiring card to enter guest room floors
- Parking was free for some reason, the web site said there would be a 9$/night charge, but this never happened. I was however worried every night with all the "Your car will be towed" signs and no record of my vehicle with the hotel
- Big LG LCD television with active HDMI port allows for easy viewing of video from Laptop/Roku/Chromecast/Tablet, Indigo did not disable the HDMI port as some hotels do
- Walking distance to some really great clubs, bars and restaurants...If you are into club life, this is the place in Scottsdale.
- Single serve coffee maker is horrific. Makes terrible java
- The desk area is directly in the path of the air conditioning unit, causing you to be blown and freeze
- The desk chair is terribly uncomfortable. If you are planning on working, this hotel may not be your place.
- One of the drawers in the dresser is broken and fell every time i opened it.
- Dresser is in the bedroom, closet is in the bathroom
- No in room safe for valuables.
- This hotel doesn't seem to subscribe to, what i thought was a hotel standard in the US, of: if a towel is on the hook, leave it, the customer clearly plans to reuse it. I hung my towel each day and they replaced it, each day.
- Light fixture on balcony was broken
- Night time noise from the near-by bars could be distracting for light sleepers (the hotel does supply ear plugs however)
- The worst thing about this hotel, which is no fault of the hotel but a terrible thing, is that there is a condo building under construction next door, and they start their ridiculous construction noise of hammers on metal and tractors pushing things and yelling and such which started before 6 am each morning. The hotel was nice enough to supply ear plugs, but i can't sleep with those in. If you are a light sleeper, skip this hotel. It's not for you (until mid-2016 anyway)
May 11, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by scott181 Great Location for surrounding entertainment
Everything was as expected from a great hotel stay with the exception of the noise level of the entertainment district that can be heard clearly late into the nights. I was able to mask it by turning on the fan to the AC system.
May 11, 2015